Engineer-Design and Manufacturing
Indiana Research Institute (IRI) is currently seeking candidates for the position of Design and Manufacturing Engineer within our engine firm. We offer qualified candidates an exciting opportunity to join an entrepreneurial, high-growth engine firm.
Formed in 1991, IRI is rapidly growing as a research and development leader in the diesel engine industry. Coupled with pioneering research and innovating problem-solving services for our clients ranging from industrial and military organizations, IRI provides efficient and goal-driven solutions to advanced fuel systems, power efficiency, emission improvement and engine remanufacturing. Our experienced and extensively trained staff understands that problems are good, working with our clients to support their advancement in the diesel engine industry.
- Create from detailed drawings for components and assemblies up to a full documentation package
- Support engineers in detailed design of components and assemblies
- Support engineers in specification and sourcing of components
- Implement drawing / design changes per ECNs
- Develop detailed mechanical drawings, BOMs and support. development of all required documentation prior to product release
- Design test rigs to evaluate different prototype concepts, validate designs through the execution of lab testing
- Prepare for and participate in design reviews, confer with other product team members, and develop reports, as needed, to show that development is progressing according to schedule and within budgetary guidelines
- Accomplish goals efficiently and provide cost-effective solutions
- Report to the Product Manager and work closely with dynamic, multi-disciplinary product teams to develop optimized solutions that meet the product requirements
- Understand ANSI dimensions along with GD&T
- Mass document management and organization
- Be diligent in document maintenance (updates of revisions and changes)
- Develop machining process plans (CNC programs)
- Required Education: A master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, any engineering related degree, or equivalent experience is required. Knowledge of diesel engines and industrial equipment is a plus.
- Others: Qualified candidates must have the skills to write clear and concise reports in timely manner and the ability of organizing multi-projects and multi-tasks is preferred.
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid vacation
- 7 paid holidays per year
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org