Engineer-Facility and Maintenance
Indiana Research Institute (IRI) is currently seeking candidates for the position of Facility Engineer within our engine firm. We offer qualified candidates an exciting opportunity to join an entrepreneurial, high-growth engine firm.
Formed in 1991, IRI is rapidly growing as a research and development leader in the diesel engine industry. Coupled with pioneering research and innovating problem-solving services for our clients ranging from industrial and military organizations, IRI provides efficient and goal-driven solutions to advanced fuel systems, power efficiency, emission improvement and engine remanufacturing. Our experienced and extensively trained staff understands that problems are good, working with our clients to support their advancement in the diesel engine industry.
- Support the renovation of the entire facility - plant utilities (air, drinking water, cooling tower water, waste oil, etc.), HVAC system upgrades, engine exhaust systems, fuel & oil distribution, test cell designs & equipment selection
- Research, analyze, develops and implement new ideas to improve machines and equipment
- Coordinate and supervise all activities of employees and contractors involved in maintaining and repairing physical structures and equipment as well as maintaining and repairing all production machines and equipment
- Initiates time study to PM (Preventive Maintenance) procedure on all equipment. Oversees that the PM Program is implemented as scheduled
- Establish project schedule, coordinate implementation and meet project schedule and budgets
- Troubleshoot equipment problems
- Prepare proposals, appropriation requests, specification, estimates and budgets.
- Ensures that assignments are performed in the most efficient, accurate and cost effective manner
- Work with safety coordinator to develop and implement compliance safety training for all personnel
- Provide engineering support to drafting personnel
- Involved in safety programs and initiatives within organization. Initiates appropriate actions for maintaining a safe work environment. Complete timely departmental work-related accident reports and investigations
- Communicate effectively, orally and in written form, with peers to ensure maximum throughput with the facility
- Interprets company policies to employees and communicates safety guidelines
- Completes the necessary paper work to order tools, equipment, supplies or outside services
- Write reports
- Required Education: A master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, any engineering related degree, or equivalent experience is required. Knowledge of diesel engines and industrial equipment is a plus.
- Others: Qualified candidates must have the skills to write clear and concise reports in timely manner and the ability of organizing multi-projects and multi-tasks is preferred.
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid vacation
- 7 paid holidays per year
Please submit resume to email@example.com