Indiana Research Institute (IRI) is currently seeking candidates for the position of Quality Engineer within our engine firm. We offer qualified candidates an exciting opportunity to join an entrepreneurial, high-growth engine firm.
Formed in 1991, IRI is rapidly growing as a research and development leader in the diesel engine industry. Coupled with pioneering research and innovating problem-solving services for our clients ranging from industrial and military organizations, IRI provides efficient and goal-driven solutions to advanced fuel systems, power efficiency, emission improvement and engine remanufacturing. Our experienced and extensively trained staff understands that problems are good, working with our clients to support their advancement in the diesel engine industry.
- Take responsibility as a Quality Management Representative, Internal Auditor and Test Engineer
- Establish, refine and maintain a quality management system based on ISO 9001:2008 standards to meet customer requirements
- Communicate effectively, orally and in written form with peers to ensure everyone has a clear understanding in the company quality policy and objectives
- Coordinate and supervise all activities of employees and contractors involved in following and maintaining the standard processes to facilitate quality control
- Research, analyze, develop and implement new ideas to continuously improve the working processes
- Review, update and control documents and records to ensure identification and prevent improper use
- Conduct experimental design and statistical analysis for engine testing research projects
- Understand the concepts and related-specification of GD&T, scanning electron microscope and coordinate measuring machine
- Prepare proposals, appropriation requests, specification, estimates and budgets
Required Education: A bachelor or master degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience is required. Candidate must be acquainted with statistical analysis software, such as Minitab, SPSS, SAS, etc. Knowledge of Statistical Process Control, Design of Experiment, Reliability and ISO 9001:2008 requirements is preferred. Knowledge of diesel engines and industrial equipment is a plus.