Indiana Research Institute (IRI) is currently seeking candidates for the position of Material Group Leader within our engine firm. We offer qualified candidates an exciting opportunity to join an entrepreneurial, high-growth engine firm.
Formed in 1991, IRI is rapidly growing as a research and development leader in the diesel engine industry. Coupled with pioneering research and innovating problem-solving services for our clients ranging from industrial and military organizations, IRI provides efficient and goal-driven solutions to advanced fuel systems, power efficiency, emission improvement and engine remanufacturing. Our experienced and extensively trained staff understands that problems are good, working with our clients to support their advancement in the diesel engine industry.
- Work with quality engineering, design group, administration and operation, providing information and support when needed. Recommend solutions or take actions as appropriate
- Propose, review and monitor periodic material requirement plan consistent with meeting demand forecasting and ensure timely ordering of material and expediting material as required to support production plan that maximizes customer satisfaction
- Implement and manage effective inventory control systems for tracking and costing full-stream inventory
- Material sourcing support- Explore and extend vendor availability. Participate in Vendor selection or process audit as required
- Supply chain management of assigned programs, which includes:
- Interface with customers, suppliers and internal resources to optimize production flow
- Propose operation scheduling plan and process improvement if necessary
- Preparation and release of production related control documentation on to ensure continuous production and supply to meet shipment promises
- Manage the program personnel and control the quality of project deliverables.
- Write clear and concise reports in a timely manner
- Required Education: A master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, any engineering related degree, or equivalent experience is required. Knowledge of diesel engines and industrial equipment is a plus.
- Others: Qualified candidates must have the skills to write clear and concise reports in timely manner and the ability of organizing multi-projects and multi-tasks is preferred.
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid vacation
- 7 paid holidays per year
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org