Indiana Research Institute (IRI) is currently seeking candidates for the position of Operation Group Leader within our engine firm. We offer qualified candidates an exciting opportunity to join an entrepreneurial, high-growth engine firm.
Formed in 1991, IRI is rapidly growing as a research and development leader in the diesel engine industry. Coupled with pioneering research and innovating problem-solving services for our clients ranging from industrial and military organizations, IRI provides efficient and goal-driven solutions to advanced fuel systems, power efficiency, emission improvement and engine remanufacturing. Our experienced and extensively trained staff understands that problems are good, working with our clients to support their advancement in the diesel engine industry.
- Manage and be responsible for daily operations
- Control Demand vs. Production progress
- Walk through the shop (about 8-10 times)
- Notice any absent operator and say “Hi” to everyone (by walking through the shop)
- Watch out and audit the Safety and Quality (by walking through the shop)
- Overlook every equipment and notice any abnormal symptoms (by walking through the shop)
- Look for occurring or potential problems for opportunity to be improved (by walking through the shop)
- Provide advice and solution to supervisor or team leaders in terms of issues of people, quality, process, problem solving (limited in the problem that supervisor/team leader is not able to solve)
- Logistic support
- Energy control/saving
- Monitoring the cores received qty, teardown report and delivery
- Watch out the material group
- Watch out the quality group
- Non-conforming parts review
- Report unacceptable cores
- Process doc approval
- PO request approval
- Time card approval
- USCG warranty claim advisory and tracking
- Fallout quotes and new parts inventory review and control
- Required Education: A master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, any engineering related degree, or equivalent experience is required. Knowledge of diesel engines and industrial equipment is a plus.
- Others: Qualified candidates must have the skills to write clear and concise reports in timely manner and the ability of organizing multi-projects and multi-tasks is preferred.
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid vacation
- 7 paid holidays per year
Please submit resume to email@example.com